Friday, February 18, 2005

Celebrating the senses

A movie like Black touches everyone.....I wasnt an exception

The realisation of what we take for granted is so often amazing :)

So what I developed was a ritual - a ritual to celebrate the senses. The movie actually made me realise that not having a sense organ makes the experience of life so much lesser....and imagine what happenens when three are missing - all you have is taste and touch :(

So now what I do is this (and I plan to do this once a week) - just turn on my Winamp with some of my favourite songs, and just listen.....purely listen and to ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE....you know we dont give music the respect it deserves - its mostly a time filler ....but in celebrating your hearing sense, the end result is to LISTEN - something so wondeful about being able to listen - being able to hear the sounds ....and letting yourself get drained into them....this again need not be with songs - it could be with sounds of nature as well.....

Similarly I plan to celebrate all the senses - the sense of eating with a totally diverse tasting food menu and eating deliberately and doing only that......the sense of smell with flowers and scents....the sense of vision with beautiful pictures or places....the sense of touch too....

but I started with hearing - coz thats what I love the best :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home