Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Me-too mentalites and The Power of Perfection

So it finally got to me ..... blogging..... Never thought I'd let my thoughts be available for public scrutiny....I love my own space too much to let anyone enter.....and yet, maybe, a part of it can be thrown open....open to be judged, to be appreciated, to be shared.....

I must be some 2,342,435th person starting a blog....doesnt feel too good to be that late on a fad....in fact once you've decided not to hop on, it becomes even more difficult to do so later on.....

That reinforced by the fact that I could not get the first three usernames that I wanted, and I knew I was in the already crowded bloggerville....too hard a fact to take for my bloated ego perhaps, that wants to be unique....like everyone else........

And yet here I am, sharing some thoughts.....some deep thoughts that strike me.....and hopefully I will be able to divorce myself from the fact that these are going to be read by someone, atleast when i write it.....writing for the sake of it.....

Was hosting at Yamini, the all night classical music concert at IIM Bangalore. Amazing fun hosting with a more polished KanuPriya....always so much more to learn.....and the dancers....man they really got to me! The grace, the charm and all that.....in every movement, even as the speak or smile. I think I need to seriously consider marrying a dancer :)

But what really struck me was this - with our hosting job, we were doing our best possible (though I ended up making the mistakes). It was amazing how dhyaan se people heard us - and came to us pointing our errors.....initially irritating for me atleast.....till I realised something....realised why perfection is perhaps so beautiful. The mind, I believe keeps on looking for that odd spot....for that mistake....and the moment it spots one, it clings on to the error, refusing to see the beauty of the whole.....and when it encounters something perfect, like an accomplished artiste performing, it has nowhere to go.......It just CANT escape.....and thats why perhaps absoulte perfection is not only so enjoyable but takes you to a totally different level.....

And then of course there is the ability to see perfection in the imperfection around....to be able to see the plastic cup as much as a part of the lush green IIM Campus, as are the fallen leaves or the still blooming flowers in the morning sunlight....that too I am trying to develop....and you too can make a start....with seeing this blog, with all its imperfections, as perfect :)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home